Sunday, April 3, 2011

Linux Ubuntu 9.10 to conectit Prolink P2000 (CDMA)

This is my stuff:
OS : Linux Ubuntu 9.10
Kernel : 2.6.31-22-generic
Modem : Prolink P2000 (CDMA)
usb_modeswitch version : 1.0.2-1 (installed through Synaptic Package Manager)

I know the is a later version of the usb_modeswitch, but I don't know how to install it, because the "Force Version" option in the Synaptic Package Manager is uncheckable. And I really new to Ubuntu.

when I type lsusb in the Terminal, it returns:
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 05c6:1000 Qualcomm, Inc.

I tried to edit the /lib/udev/rules.d/61-option-modem-modeswitch.rules by deleting this line
ATTRS{idVendor}=="05c6", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1000", RUN+="modem-modeswitch -v 0x%s{idVendor} -p 0x%s{idProduct} -t option-zerocd"

but still can not detect my modem. I also tried the wvdial and gnome-ppp and still it can not detect my modem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

adisultony@gmail.com